Do not sell my personal information
Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with rights regarding how your data or personal information is treated. Under the legislation, California residents can choose to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties. Based on the CCPA definition, “sale” refers to data collection for the purpose of creating advertising and other communications. Learn more about CCPA and your privacy rights.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
Effective January 1, 2020, if you are a California resident, you have the rights enumerated below. Please note that the CCPA broadly defines the term “sale” to include disclosure of personal information to third parties for which “valuable consideration” is received (i.e. the receipt of a benefit other than money), a definition which is much broader than the ordinary understanding of the term “sale.” To be clear, we have not and will not disclose personal information to any third parties in exchange for money; however, prior to January 1, 2020, we disclosed personal information to a third party to assist in the operation of our business and received certain information in return. It is possible that someone could claim that this transaction constituted a “sale” for “other valuable consideration” under the CCPA; however, there is no need to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information, as we have discontinued this aspect of our business marketing practices.
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you, not more than twice in a 12-month period, the personal information about you that we collect, use, disclose, and “sold” during the 12-month period preceding your request, which shall include as follows:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed or “sold” about you
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared, disclosed, or “sold” that personal information, and for what business or commercial purpose
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- You have the right to request the deletion of the personal information that we have collected from you.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:Identifiers; payment information; buying history; Internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; electronic, visual or similar information.
- We “sold” the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:Identifiers; payment information; buying history; Internet of other electronic network activity information; or similar information.
How to opt out
If you wish to contact us to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please contact us by telephone at 1(800) 361-5686 or click here to fill out a form to submit your request. We may need to verify your identity to enable us to process your request. Disclosure and deletion is subject to our receipt of a verifiable consumer request and exceptions or limitations established by applicable laws and regulations.
Mailing Address: 3125 Wyandotte St.
Kansas City, MO 64111