Last Updated: June 6, 2023
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our Website here.
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name; payment information; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual or similar information; and inferences drawn from any of the above-identified information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
How We Collect Your Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: visit our Website; contact us with questions or comments; engage our services; upload content to our Website or Social Media Pages; complete forms for or provide information in connection with a job application; or fill out any forms on our Website or Social Media Pages.
- Your device or browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Website, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, or open our emails.
- Third parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us such as analytics or advertising. Your information may be collected and processed independently in accordance with the third party’s own privacy notices. These third parties share information they have collected with us. We may combine this information with any information we collect. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
- Social media platforms: Social media platforms share information, which is typically aggregated and doesn’t include personal information, with us. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, meaning our interests in conducting our business, fulfilling orders and processing transactions, and managing and providing services to you, which include the following:
- Providing, maintaining and improving our business;
- Fulfilling orders and processing transactions;
- Managing and providing services to you;
- Responding to your questions, concerns, and other requests for assistance;
- Customizing your browsing and shopping experience on the Website. We use information about your browsing and shopping activities to bring you a custom shopping experience, by offering products and advertisements tailored to your interests (please see our Cookies section below);
- Keeping you informed of administrative changes to our Website, including changes to our terms and conditions and other policies, and other information regarding the Website;
- Conducting market research, which informs our marketing strategy and enables us to present you with a browsing experience tailored to your interests. For example, we create user profiles to enable personalized direct marketing communications;
- Maintaining basic records, so that we may respond to and honor your requests to delete your data and prohibit future unwanted processing;
- Preventing fraud, criminal activity, and misuses of our Website. We also use this information to block prohibited resellers from accessing our Website and to safeguard the security of this Website, as well as our infrastructural security;
- Complying with legal obligations and process, and to safeguard our rights, privacy, safety, and property, as well as your rights, privacy, safety, and property, and that of our affiliates and third parties;
- Administering subscriptions to Indigo Wild product catalogs and special offers, including contests, promotions, surveys, and other interactive Website experiences;
- Enabling us to publish your reviews, photos, videos and other content;
- Processing applications for employment and employment-related purposes;
- Notifying you about special offers and products or services available from us, our affiliates or our partners that may be of interest to you;
- Communicating with you, including through email and online advertising. We may use the email address which you provide for order processing to send you information and updates about your orders, as well as occasional news, updates, and information about our company and related products and services. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please refer to the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or email us at email@example.com;
- Communicating with you, including through physical mail. We may use your mailing address to send catalogs, postcards, or other goodies to you. If at any time you would like to opt-out of receiving future mailings via mail, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to update your personal information in order to continue to receive emails and mailings from us, please log into your online account at www.indigowild.com and update your information, call us at 1-800-361-5686, or email us at email@example.com.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we use your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When we no longer need to retain your personal information, it will be deleted or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
How We Protect And Store Your Information
We are committed to making sure your privacy is protected when you use our Website and when we collect information from you. We take the security of your information seriously, and implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of all personal information you provide. We also take steps to make sure that third parties we use to process your personal information also use appropriate security measures to protect your data.
When we collect sensitive information like your credit card information, we take steps to secure that information when it is transmitted, including by encrypting the information. We also use a secure server for transmitting sensitive information. You can verify that sensitive information is being transmitted securely by looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage. After a transaction is completed, your sensitive information (credit cards) will not be stored on our servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about entering information on public computers or on public networks.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or stored on our Website.
Your Privacy Choices
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Cookies enable websites or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. For example, you may use our cookies to stay logged in when you exit a browser window. You may read more about cookies at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Some cookies (Strictly Necessary Cookies) are so essential to the functioning of our Website that you cannot opt out of them. However, you can choose to accept, decline, or withdraw consent to other cookies. Be aware that disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain features or services on our Website.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: Carry out essential services of our Website, including tracking sign-ups and processing payments. Because our Website cannot function without use of these cookies, you may not opt out of them.
- Shopify – More information here.
Analytics Cookies: Provide information about how visitors arrive at and use our Website. You may opt out of these cookies by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
Functional Cookies: Give visitors a better browsing experience, such as the opportunity to leave product reviews. You may opt out of these cookies by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
- Gorgias – More information here.
Marketing Cookies: Facilitate targeted and affiliate marketing. You may opt out of these cookies by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
- Facebook – More information here; opt out here.
- Google.com/co.uk – More information here; opt out here.
- Google Tag Manager – More information here; opt out here.
- Criteo Display Ads
Browser Opt-Out: Most browsers have a “help” button or section on the toolbar. If you click on this button or section, you will find information about turning on and off cookies and how to receive notifications when a new cookie is received.
Additionally, many advertising services allow you to opt out of targeted advertising. You may find more information in the resources available at the Network Advertising Initiative, http://www.optout.networkadvertising.org.
Devices: Note that these resources may not work to turn off cookies on mobile devices. Every mobile device is different. Here are some resources for turning off cookies for popular mobile browsers:
You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in any email communications that you receive or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Website from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Other than as described herein, we do not disclose, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and business partners, as well as with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business and servicing you, including providers of hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers for the management or hosting of the Website; payment processors; order and subscription management and fulfillment services; e-commerce platforms; rating and reviews platforms; email communication and customer support services; and web analytics, marketing and digital advertising services. We may also disclose your information as required under applicable law, to enforce our Website policies, to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety, or otherwise with your consent. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale or transfer of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate or other entity surviving out of the event.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are a general audience site. Our Website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any information from anyone under 16 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone under 16 years of age, any information regarding that user will be promptly deleted. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under 16 years of age, please contact us by using the information below.
Your State Privacy Rights
Residents of California, Connecticut, Virginia, Colorado, and Utah have certain rights concerning the processing and use of their personal information. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions under applicable law. For purposes of this section, the term “Personal Information” includes both “Personal Information” and “Personal Data” as defined by applicable law.
If your Personal Information is subject to a privacy law in your state, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
- Know, access, and confirm your Personal Information.
- Delete the Personal Information we have about you, subject to exceptions under applicable law.
- Correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- Obtain your Personal Information in a portable and readily usable format.
- Opt-out of the use or processing of your Personal Information for profiling or targeted advertising.
- Opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information.
We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights.
Certain state laws may also provide you the right to appeal our decisions regarding your rights requests if we do not timely respond to your requests or do not take action regarding your requests. Additionally, if you are a resident of the state of California, you may have a right to pursue legal action for improper handling of your Personal Information.
Submitting a Rights Request
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above, and are a resident of a state that provides such privacy rights, you may submit a request by emailing email@example.com, by calling us by telephone at 1(800) 361-5686 or by clicking here to fill out a form to submit your request. If you choose to submit your request via email, you must include “Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line and clearly provide us with the following information: what type of request you are making, your full name, email address, and valid residential address. You may only make one request per email.
We are required to provide you with access to your Personal Information or delete Personal Information only in response to verifiable or authenticated requests. We will compare the information you provide by telephone, email or form with any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only. Pursuant to your state’s privacy laws, you may request access to your Personal Information a limited number of times within a 12-month period.
Please note that you may authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights on your behalf by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization similar to the verification described above for fulfilling any access or deletion requests. We may require more information to ensure proper verification of you and your agent’s identity and authorization.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We share your Personal Information with service providers and third parties for business purposes, such as operational purposes and other purposes related to providing you with the services you seek from us. For more information about the business purposes for which we disclose Personal Information, see “How We Use the Information We Collect” and see “Information We Collect” for what types of information may be shared.
Categories of Personal Information Sold
We may “sell” as defined by applicable law, the following categories of Personal Information:
- Commercial information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Inferences drawn from Personal Information
Sharing for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising, Profiling, or Targeted Advertising
We may share any of the categories of Personal Information listed under “Information We Collect” for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising, profiling, or targeted advertising.
California Notice of Financial Incentive
We may offer exclusive price discounts, rewards, offers, deals, coupons, or other perks for those participating in our loyalty or rewards programs (“Programs”). Under California law, participating in any of our Programs may be considered a financial incentive provided in exchange for the collection and retention of Personal Information. Through our loyalty or rewards programs, consumers may provide us with any or all of the categories of information in the “Information We Collect” section above. Participation in these Programs is optional and consumers may opt out at any time. In addition to this disclosure, each Program contains terms specific to that promotion. Your participation in any of these Programs will be interpreted as affirmative consent to the terms of that particular Program.
We offer these Programs to, among other things, enhance our relationships with our customers. The value to our business, in the aggregate, of customers’ Personal Information depends on specific facts, such as whether and to what extent customers take advantage of any offerings. We do not calculate the value of customers’ information for our accounting statements. To the extent we would, however, such valuation could be directly or reasonably related to the cost associated with acquiring or developing such information.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Requests from January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
Type of Request
Total Requests Received
Requests Complied With
Average Days to Respond
Request to Access Data
Request to Delete Data
Request to Opt-Out of “Sale”
California Minors Who Are Registered Users
If you are under the age of 18, reside in California and are a registered user of the Website, you have the right to request that we remove content or information you posted on the Website. Please send an email to email@example.com with “California Minors Content Removal” in the subject line of your message. Please note that our removal of content or information you posted may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
Sensitive Data of Virginia, Colorado, or Connecticut Residents
If you are a resident of Virginia, Colorado, or Connecticut, we will not process your Sensitive Data (as that term is defined under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act; the Colorado Privacy Act; and Connecticut’s Act Concerning Personal Data Privacy and Online Monitoring) without your prior consent.
Mailing Address: 3125 Wyandotte St.
Kansas City, MO 64111