Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Updated: April 6, 2022
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our Website here.
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name; payment information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual or similar information; and inferences drawn from any of the above-identified information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We will use your Personal Information for our legitimate interests, meaning our interests in conducting our business, fulfilling orders and processing transactions, and managing and providing services to you, which include the following:
- Providing, maintaining and improving our business;
- Fulfilling orders and processing transactions;
- Managing and providing services to you;
- Responding to your questions, concerns, and other requests for assistance;
- Customizing your browsing and shopping experience on the Website. We use information about your browsing and shopping activities to bring you a custom shopping experience, by offering products and advertisements tailored to your interests (please see our Cookies section below);
- Keeping you informed of administrative changes to our Website, including changes to our terms and conditions and other policies, and other information regarding the Website;
- Conducting market research, which informs our marketing strategy and enables us to present you with a browsing experience tailored to your interests. For example, we create user profiles to enable personalized direct marketing communications;
- Maintaining basic records, so that we may respond to and honor your requests to delete your data and prohibit future unwanted processing;
- Preventing fraud, criminal activity, and misuses of our Website. We also use this information to block prohibited resellers from accessing our website and to safeguard the security of this Website, as well as our infrastructural security;
- Complying with legal obligations and process, and to safeguard our rights, privacy, safety, and property, as well as your rights, privacy, safety, and property, and that of our affiliates and third parties;
- Administering subscriptions to Indigo Wild product catalogs and special offers, including contests, promotions, surveys, and other interactive Website experiences;
- Enabling us to publish your reviews, photos, videos and other content;
- Applications for employment and employment-related purposes;
- Notifying you about special offers and products or services available from us, our affiliates or our partners that may be of interest to you.
- Communicating with you, including through email and online advertising. We may use the email address which you provide for order processing to send you information and updates about your orders, as well as occasional news, updates, and information about our company and related products and services. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please refer to the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or email us at email@example.com;
- Communicating with you, including through physical mail. We may use your mailing address to send catalogs, postcards, or other goodies to you. If at any time you would like to opt-out of receiving future mailings via mail, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to update your personal information in order to continue to receive emails and mailings from us, please log into your online account at www.indigowild.com and update your information, call us at 1-800-361-5686, or email us at email@example.com.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When we no longer need to retain your Personal Information, it will be deleted or be anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
How We Protect And Store Your Information
We are committed to making sure your privacy is protected when you use our Website and when we collect information from you. We take the security of your information seriously, and implement a variety of security measures to maintain safety of all Personal Information you provide. We also make sure that third parties we use to process your Personal Information also use appropriate security measures to protect your data.
When we collect sensitive information like your credit card information, that information is encrypted and securely transmitted. For example, we use a secure server for transmitting sensitive information. All supplied sensitive/credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. You can verify that this sensitive information is being transmitted securely by looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
After a transaction is completed, your sensitive information (credit cards) will not be stored on our servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about entering information on public computers or on public networks.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or stored on our Website.
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We may also work with third-party partners who employ tracking technologies or the application of statistical modeling tools to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device, to perform analytics, and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns. Although we do our best to honor your privacy preferences, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Cookies enable websites or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. For example, you may use our cookies to stay logged in when you exit a browser window. You may read more about cookies at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Some cookies (Strictly Necessary Cookies) are so essential to the functioning of our website that you cannot opt out of them. However, you can choose to accept, decline, or withdraw consent to other cookies. Be aware that disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain features or services on our Website.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: Carry out essential services of our website, including tracking sign-ups and processing payments. Because our website cannot function without use of these cookies, you may not opt out of them.
- Shopify – More information here.
Analytics Cookies: Provide information about how visitors arrive at and use our site. You may opt out of these cookies by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
Functional Cookies: Give visitors a better browsing experience, such as the opportunity to leave product reviews. You may opt out of these cookies by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
- Gorgias – More information here.
Marketing Cookies: Facilitate targeted and affiliate marketing. You may opt out of these cookies by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
- Facebook – More information here; opt out here.
- Google.com/co.uk – More information here;opt out here.
- Google Tag Manager – More information here;opt out here.
Browser Opt-Out: Most browsers have a “help” button or section on the toolbar. If you click on this button or section, you will find information about turning on and off cookies and how to receive notifications when a new cookie is received.
Additionally, many advertising services allow you to opt out of targeted advertising. You may find more information in the resources available at the Network Advertising Initiative, http://www.optout.networkadvertising.org.
devices: Note that these resources may not work to turn off cookies on mobile devices. Every mobile device is different. Here are some resources for turning off cookies for popular mobile browsers:
Disclosure to Third Parties
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are a general audience site. Our Website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any information from anyone under 16 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone under 16 years of age, any information regarding that user will be promptly deleted. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under 16 years of age, please contact us by using the information below.
Nevada Online Privacy Law
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to submit a request directing us not to make any sale of personally identifiable information we have collected or will collect about you. We do not sell your personal information. To request confirmation that we do not sell your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nevada Privacy Information” in the subject line of your message.
California Minors Who Are Registered Users
If you are under the age of 18, reside in California and are a registered user of the Website, you have the right to request that we remove content or information you posted on the Website. Please send an email to email@example.com with “California Minors Content Removal” in the subject line of your message. Please note that our removal of content or information you posted may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
Effective January 1, 2020, if you are a California resident, you have the rights enumerated below. Please note that the CCPA broadly defines the term “sale” to include disclosure of personal information to third parties for which “valuable consideration” is received (i.e. the receipt of a benefit other than money), a definition which is much broader than the ordinary understanding of the term “sale.” To be clear, we have not and will not disclose personal information to any third parties in exchange for money; however, prior to January 1, 2020, we disclosed personal information to a third party to assist in the operation of our business and received certain information in return. It is possible that someone could claim that this transaction constituted a “sale” for “other valuable consideration” under the CCPA; however, there is no need to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information, as we have discontinued this aspect of our business marketing practices.
1. You have the right to request that we disclose to you, not more than twice in a 12-month period, the personal information about you that we collect, use, disclose, and “sold” during the 12-month period preceding your request, which shall include as follows:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed or “sold” about you
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared, disclosed, or “sold” that personal information, and for what business or commercial purpose
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
2. You have the right to request the deletion of the personal information that we have collected from you.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers; payment information; buying history; Internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; electronic, visual or similar information.
- We “sold” the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers; payment information; buying history; Internet of other electronic network activity information; or similar information.
If you wish to contact us to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please contact us by telephone at 1(800) 361-5686 or click here to fill out a form to submit your request. We may need to verify your identity to enable us to process your request. Disclosure and deletion is subject to our receipt of a verifiable consumer request and exceptions or limitations established by applicable laws and regulations.
Mailing Address: 3125 Wyandotte St.
Kansas City, MO 64111