Our people were born to be Indigo Wild. And — guilty as charged — every one of us is a true nature’s child. We’ve banded together to thump and bump the rock and soul into every batch of Zum Bars, Glows, Rubs, Kisses and more. Individually, our peeps are virtuosos who are oh-so major to helping our ingredients sing. But together, We’re fusicians who ensure the holistic is always greater than the Zum of its parts.
We make our stuff rock, balancing the rhythm that forms the backbone: Goat’s milk, soy wax, jojoba oil, shea butter, argan oil, dragon’s blood. We add stuff like meadowfoam seed oil, rosehip oil and botanical extracts for bass vibes you can feel. Then we bring out the 100% pure essential oils to lay down a melody that hits the high notes.
Causes we support:
Here at Indigo Wild, we love dogs and hate breast cancer. Many of our own pups are rescues, and we're active in Kansas City Sheltie Rescue. We like Zum Mutts and we cannot lie. Small ones, big ones, fat ones, skinny ones. Old, young, hairy, bald mutts and pure breeds. Our place runneth over with the dogs we love, and that’s why we we’ve teamed up with Kansas City Sheltie Rescue. For each Y.U.M. Bar sold, we donate $1.00 to Kansas City Sheltie Rescue, a non-profit Sheltie Rescue Corporation that rescues and searches for great “fur-ever” homes for Shelties in the Greater Kansas City area. You can help at kcsheltierescue.org.
We also have some badass cancer fighters in our ranks, and we're working with some great local charities to support cancer warriors.
Our Betsy line is our ode to orbs – hers, yours, and globes around the world. Why? Because of Betsy, Caroline, Leslie, Ann, Beth, and Robin. Because we love these Zum Chicks and their magnificent mammaries. Because breast cancer affects everyone. Because boobies deserve better.
The Betsy line is named in honor of our own Zum Chick, Besty Medina, who Van Dammed cancer more than 14 years ago. Today she is cancer free, but thousands of people still need our support.
We’ve created the Betsy line to give back to both breast cancer patients and survivors. $1.00 for every Betsy Bar sold is donated to Turning Point: The Center for Hope and Healing, a program that provides empowerment and transformation of the mind, body, and spirit of individuals living with serious or chronic illnesses. 25% of sales of every Betsy Body go to Back in the Swing, a non-profit organization that supports healthy and proactive living for breast cancer survivors.
Passing down our pearls of ...something. Yes, there's some wisdom in these pearls, too. Call this the "Did you know?" page for everything trivial about Indigo Wild. Herein lies knowledge, Indigo trivia, useless facts and proof that a few bottles of wine are also a few bottles of inspiration. Enjoy.
- Did you know "Zum" is a made up word? This was where the few bottles of inspiration came in.
- Did you know “Zum” isn’t pronounced “zoom”? Zum rhymes with mum, come, from, and bum.
- Did you know Nancy's kale salad will give you a mouthgasm?
- Did you know the Zum font on our labels was designed by Todd, Emily's husband, on a cocktail napkin?
- Did you know that for every Y.U.M. (Your Untidy Mutt) Bar sold, we donate $1 to Kansas City Sheltie Rescue?
- Did you know dogs are always welcomed at the factory? We even have a dog run for your pups to play in while you shop.
- Did you know that Zum Bars contain such a high percentage of essential oils that they are considered aromatherapeutic?
- Did you know that Betsy, Cathy and Annie's brother (and Lena's husband) Joe owns an all-natural dry cleaning company called Hangers?
- Did you know Annie (biggest Patchouli fan ever) has worked here since the dawn of Indigo Wild?
- Did you know all Zum products are labeled by hand at the factory?
- Did you know some days we have as many as 16 dogs in the building?
- Did you know all our dogs are rescue pooches?
- Did you know our Zum Tub bath salts are jacuzzi-safe?
- Did you know Myrrhy is the dog featured on the Y.U.M. products and that he was named after Frankincense & Myrrh?
- Did you know it wasn't THAT long ago when Emily used to hand cut Zum Bar labels?
- Did you know Charley has been making your Zum Bars for 18 years?
- Did you know we rescue buildings as well as dogs? The Zum factory is made up of two old Kansas City buildings we made our own.
- Did you know Eucalyptus Zum Mist can mask a garlic fart smell?
- Did you know Collin is our human wikipedia page?
- Did you know you can call us any time if there are more things you want to know? Yup, just give us a call and we'll chat it up.